• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 bumper on M1009

gents was working all DAY on my bumper at the shop. Re-did the whole set up and fought the urge to just weld it on to my frame!!! I have three more holes to drill and than re mount it. WOW lots of work to do this but looks and works great.

K9Vic

gents was working all DAY on my bumper at the shop. Re-did the whole set up and fought the urge to just weld it on to my frame!!! I have three more holes to drill and than re mount it. WOW lots of work to do this but looks and works great.
I find it faster to just cut the holes with my plasma cutter. Lately I have been able to make bolt holes real well with the plasma and using stepping drill bit to smooth it out. I never thought a plasma would get so much use, but it has saved me countless hours working on my vehicle and trailer projects.

I may tackle the M1008 bumper Sunday, just have to be real careful and measure everything carefully before I start cutting. I have my M1031 to use as a reference point.

headed to church have pic and will post upon return. But you'll need to cut that frame pretty deep into the truck in order to accommodate the diamond plate step bumper plate. I was thinking of using the oxy acetylene rig to cut the holes, but may take your lead on the plasma cutter and hit it when I get home.

ok so here's the diy that mikepop sent me that you guys asked me about. I used most of it, but really just fabbed up my own brackets at some point.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks