• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 cucv wont start

Greggz

CUCV won't start

Ty for reading, I'm in a bind. My 86 m1008 is in my yard. I live in the sticks and this is my only vehical. Its been very cold here. I was running the truck every day, even in the cold it would start pretty easy, 3 cycles of the glo plugs, hold the pedal down and she would start right up. Glo plugs are a month old. Have a push button for them. I have the battery s on a charger, it turns over strong, new 24v starter. And new interstate batteries. I pulled the fuel filter off yesterday, fuel comes right out, its not gelled. Even either wont work. I'm really desperate and would be grateful for any advice. Ty

Ill recheck the gloplugs, I'm sorry. About not being life or death, but it is a bad position, I am far from town, and if I don't get this thing running ill lose my job.

After a week I still can't start the truck. Spent 65 dollars on a cab to get me to a parts house. Tested my glo plugs, two were bad. Replaced them. Turns over nice but wont start. I turned on the key, disconnected the pink wire to the IP, no click or anything. What else can I try? I'm stuck out here in the sticks, no internet but my phone, so I can't download the manual s. I'd be grateful for any advice

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using ether on a diesel with glowplugs is very dangerous. Are you positive the GP controller card is not working?

Even though the GPs are a month old you will need to test them. Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

There is a specific step-by-step procedure in the Tech manuals for you issue. Have you downloaded the free tech manuals for you M1008?

And in the future, unless you are in a life and death (911) situation, pleas do not use the word HELP in you thread titles. We like to reserve that for real emergency situations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks