• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 custom build

HETvet

My wife is hurting pretty good. I'm sore, but ok. It was in our other car. I have no where to work on the truck now and all the parts are in storage.

HETvet

About 6 months ago we were creamed; a jeep commander rear ended us and pushed us in to the car in front of us. It did 9,600$ worth of damage. My wife has scoliosis and was still trying to heal from the last one. She has a pinched nerve in her back that is causing muscle spasms. So getting hit again about 6 months later doesn't help. We have a 2012 Dodge Journey, we got hit by a 2010 Ford Fusion. Funny part was the kid driving was dressed up as Garth from wanes world. This last go round was about a 15-20 mph impact. I am sore because I have 2 slipped disc in my back from my time in the army.

CUCVLOVER

Wow.
I hope you two get to feeling better soon.
What did the kid say?
A guy my dad knows got hit twice in a year both times in almost new vehicles. He got his wife a new ride and smack they got hit. The insurance totalled it and gave them the $. About 6 months later smack again in the vehicle that replaced the other one.

HETvet

The kid wanted to go to the atm and give me $100 cash. He thought it was just scratches and paint transfer. My wife went to the hospital via ambulance cause she was in so much pain and having trouble breathing. He said he hit us going 2-5 mph. I was like your car climbed up on my rear bumper!

CUCVLOVER

The kid wanted to go to the atm and give me $100 cash. He thought it was just scratches and paint transfer. My wife went to the hospital via ambulance cause she was in so much pain and having trouble breathing. He said he hit us going 2-5 mph. I was like your car climbed up on my rear bumper!
Wow.
I don't know what else to say other than wow.
My dad said he it would not have mattered he brought the entire atm.
I say the kid deserves to be rolled in gravel.

HETvet

He was under 21 and nervous. I don't think he was thinking clearly. I do blame him for not paying attention while driving. But there is a right and a wrong way to do things. If it was just me and he was more concerned about the well being of the occupants, I would have just exchanged insurance and drivers license info, taken some pictures and gone on my way. That all changed when he was more concerned about paying me off because "going threw insurance is going to screw both of us" and had no concern for the crying woman in the drivers seat.

HETvet

We're recovering slowly, but it's still recovery. Tomarrow I take the car to the body shop to get fixed. I also have an interview with a 4x4 shop that is owned by veterans and employs mostly, if not only veterans. If all works out well, the build will continue there. I'm waiting on a back pay check from the VA; I went from 30% to 100% disabled. I was able to send out the parts that I wanted coated to have that done. I also ordered all poly bushing. I'm still trying to figure out how much lift I am going to need to fit the 37s with minimal fender massaging. All lift parts are coming from ORD, same with the magnum box. That's the SITREP as of now.

HETvet

I'm super excited to say that for one, I have found new work that is 100% behind my build. So the fire ringed heads with ceramic coated combustion chamber, exhaust valves with 5 Angle valve jobs, exhaust ports, and exhaust manifolds they covered and took delivery of today. They also took delivery of the ceramic coated Pistons, dry film lubrication coating piston skirts, all bearings were coated as well. Also covered the BatMoWheel drop in compressor wheel, we had the exhaust housing and turbine wheel ceramic coated. We also have a turbo blanket on the way, as long as "header wrap." It's a full roller set up for the valve train. We decided to go with an air dog 2 150GPM lift pump, 7 hole injectors, DLC coated fuel components. H beam connecting rods, dual valve springs they gave me the green light on. We're cutting off the intake manifold and hogging it all out and polishing it for maximum flow. We also decided to go with Evans waterless coolant. We also are going to be running full A/C and heat. Between the shop and my self, we're looking for about 500-725HP and over 1K torque. The shop being veteran owned and operated, with 99.8% veterans working In the shop; I don't think any goal should be out side of the reach of the shop. Our goal is over 2K torque in ulow/low reliability. In high speed, we're looking for about 750-800WHP. But I want to do all this at the highest effecency rating as I could. The ORD range box should have no problem issuing the gear reduction, as we hope we can with the best of them!

tim292stro

How's the Getrag going to hold up to that? Any idea what the rating is?

For my XM1027 build, I was looking at 350HP out of a 6BT, which puts it at the 800ft-lb mark. I picked up a Fuller FSO-8406A to do that without grenading.

Remember, HP = (rpm x torque)/5252, getting 750HP out of a block that nomally red-lines at 2500RPM is going to be rough on things.

HETvet

No it didn't come together. Legal issues (child custody) and other personal issues took president over this build. Sold the truck and all parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks