• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Deployment History

NZ M1008

Hi, is it possible to find out the deployment history of my M1008.
If so how do I go about that!

Make & Model: CD-30903
Registration Number: 533919
Stock Number: 2320-01-123-6827
Thanks,
Brendon Mc

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, is it possible to find out the deployment history of my M1008.
If so how do I go about that!

Make & Model: CD-30903
Registration Number: 533919
Stock Number: 2320-01-123-6827
Thanks,
Brendon Mc
Your asking the million dollar question.
Anyone who owns a MV has asked that very same question.

The answer is no (with VERY few exceptions). [exception example----A cucv spending its entire life in a cave in Norway].

Once the military is done with these, they purge all documentation from their computer system.
Some guys are lucky and find paperwork in the truck that gives them a hint or snapshot of past life but not the whole picture.
Those are few and far between.

If you have a bumper number still readable,
then you can at least know which unit had it last.

Unless you have a time machine, you will never know the entire history.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The registration number would indicate that it may be a USMC truck, so the VIN info thread will probably be no help in finding where it came from. Check behind the seat for a pioneer tool rack, or at least the holes where one was once bolted.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The registration number and the pioneer tool rack indicates it is a former USMC truck.

I believe, that makes it even harder to establish what the last unit was that used it.

NZ M1008

Dam!
It would be interesting to know where at came from and how it ended up here in New Zealand...
I appreciate your time.
Regards
Brendon

MarcusOReallyus

Murph, you missed this earlier in the thread:

The registration number would indicate that it may be a USMC truck, so the VIN info thread will probably be no help in finding where it came from. Check behind the seat for a pioneer tool rack, or at least the holes where one was once bolted.

I'd love to know where mine has been, but I guess I'll just have to assume that the mud in my alternators was jen-yoo-wine Iraqi mud, and leave it at that.

(It's probably from a mud pit somewhere in Georgia. :mrgreen:)

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the most, you will only get snapshots of its past service/unit history.

With the exception(s) already noted in this thread, you will NEVER know its full life history.