• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 door window issues

DXTAC

I did the weather strip on my 1009 for the tailgate window and both doors, and the only problem I have had is that
one of the plastic pieces on the door panel that the weather strip clamps onto cracked and now I don't know if I should
use epoxy, gorilla glue or similar to try to hold it together??? I may just put it together and use a small amount of PL Adhesive between the weather strip and panel and hope for the best. Just be careful, the door panels are a little brittle after 25 years! I got everything from JC Whitney and everything fit like a glove!

Oh, BTW I did not use the special tool to remove the C clip for the handle either, I simply used something like a hooked dental pick to grab the top of the clip and pulled gently. You do not need a tool to reinstall it.

Last edited:

cpallme

Don't want to hijack this thread but I replaced my brittle and almost non-existent window seals that I thought were causing the window to jump the track and leave the channel. However, even with the new seals it is still almost as if the window has too much lateral play and falls out of the track once it is rolled down. Any suggestions?

I will say that the RockAuto seals I received fit well and were much cheaper than LMC Truck. They almost fit too well and cause a lot of friction when the window is going up.

cpallme

As follow up, I did a little brainstorming and had a :idea: moment. I used the KISS method and realized i could just re-drill the hole for the window channel bolt to move it 1/2 inch closer to the glass. 3 seconds with a drill and have a perfectly working window again, now with new seals. Picture to help anyone that may have the same problem.

Attachments

MT4222

I just did my m1009 windows lmc sells a window seal kit that comes with everything you need to do both sides for around $100. you don't have to but i found it easier to remove the vent window assembly and then you have room to disconnect the window from the regulator. it slides into two notches and the comes out.

forest522

I have exactly the same issue. Very frustrating when you've just bought new stuff and still doesn't work! I'll do this trick tomorrow! Thanks for the KISS idea!!

As follow up, I did a little brainstorming and had a :idea: moment. I used the KISS method and realized i could just re-drill the hole for the window channel bolt to move it 1/2 inch closer to the glass. 3 seconds with a drill and have a perfectly working window again, now with new seals. Picture to help anyone that may have the same problem.