• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 driveline length?

toughjeep

I am looking for the rear drive line length for a M1008. Looking for a u-joint to u-joint measurement, as we have a swap meet coming up and I am hoping to score one for my future recovery. I have searched on here but I can't find the answer. Please don't beat me up too bad. This is my first M1008. Can anyone help?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to know the U-Joint Width, and diameters also.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't take this number to the bank, but I've done a rough measurement of my 1008 and it's in the neighborhood of 54 and either 1/4 or maybe 3/8th inch. I say roughly because by yourself, it's hard to get accurate measuring center-to-center on the u-joints.

Good luck on your recovery

toughjeep

I think the u joints are 1350 in the rear but i could be wrong. I also have a ton of conversion joints if I happen to pick up a shaft with a 1330 and its to small. Thank you for the replies i do appreciate them! :D

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the u joints are 1350 in the rear but i could be wrong. I also have a ton of conversion joints if I happen to pick up a shaft with a 1330 and its to small. Thank you for the replies i do appreciate them! :D
Bingo on that 1350 spec--- my 2-WD civi 1-Ton has same U-j's as my 1008 both ends, ONLY the civi 1-Ton shaft is skinnier than our 1008's--- which are approx 4 inch dia.

Crazy thing is I have GM Parts & Illustration Catalog dated 1992, and it shows several different lengths of drive shafts for various vehicles but nothing is 54 inches. Can't seem to determine if there are different diameters per vehicle either. Maybe the GM-parts techies uses different methods of measurement or maybe CUCV's are some kind of crazy Mil-Spec---:cookoo: