• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 exhaust system

MVtrucker

The right side header pipe on my 1884 rusted and blew out. Local shops are unable to help me, nor was Parramore. Before I trek over to the GMC dealer, I thought it best to consult here first.
Thanks for any help offred,

MVtrucker

Wow, Richard, that's the info I need! My first stop was at a local shop that bends pipe, but there's a sizeable piece missing from my pipe and he said that he could not find a listing for it because the truck is over 8500 GVW. I argued the point, but to no avail, so I called Parramore. He always had what I needed, but not this time. The shop I went to is the only local one that bends pipe, as far as I know. I figured to go over to the big GMC dealership as my next move, but I figured that would be a shot in the dark. You've given me hope! I'm trying to get the truck ready for Aberdeen, having just installed the racks, bows and cargo cover (a long story) so I can camp in it.
Thanks a million,

MVtrucker

I just got my truck back from the shop, Quality Muffler & Brake, Vineland, NJ 856-696-3920. Between OEM parts and some custom work, it now has a complete new exhaust system from the manifolds to the outlets. All of the other shops that I visited were a waste of time. Luckily, a counterman at Gallo GMC referred me to Quality. One of the owners, Lomar, went right out and slid under my truck to see what I needed to have replaced and upon examination he strongly suggested that I have the whole system replaced. I new it was in rough condition and agreed to have them do the repairs. The job was completed in less than a day, actually just a few hours!

Westech

CPL
Good deal. I build pipes all day every day. I think alot of guys out there dont like to do that type of work,It takes a lot!! of time and it does not pay too well. But I love doing it, when Im all done building pipes for a 31 chevy and it looks 100% I can say I did that. If any of you guys need help with pipes let me know I can always build them.

MVtrucker

Richard,
You're so right about not many wanting to do it, like the big Monroe shop in town. $84.00 per hour labor charge posted and they didn't want to do the job. Quality did it in two hours at $40.00 per hour.

Westech

CPL
just to let everyone know the WALKER exhaust co makes every part (hangers also) to replace the military cucv stuff. I just did my m1009 and it worked 100% !! the muffles are a little too quite but its a perfict fit. $225.00 front to back all hangers, clamps, everything!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks