• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 from Picatinney Arsenal, NJ to Central Massachusetts

HikerLT

Well, won my first CUCV auction - a M1008 pickup truck.

It's located at the Picatinney Arsenal inn Norther NJ, and I've got to get it transported to my B'in-Laws farm in Hardwick, Massachusetts ( west of Worcester).

I place a U-ship request for bids on uship.com, and selected a hauler, based on his bid to do the job for $420. U-ship says its a 210 mile trip.

I paid the initial u-ship deposit, and have the cash on-hand at the delivery site waiting..

The problem that is making me nervous is that despite the hauler having good feedback on u-ship, he's not too good at communication or exactly when he'll be able to get down there to pick it up . Evidently, he's waiting for another job to completely fill the trailier to make the trip worth his efforts. I thought he would get down there this week, but the only word or status update I got was from the arsenal site itself - they said no one had shown up by the end of the week,..I left the hauler several emails and a couple of phone voice mails, but no contact...

My concern is ...what happens if I go over the 14 days...!!!

If anyone is interested in this job, or knows a good hauler in this northeast area, contact me....If you've got a rig I have the week after labor day off and could ride along and help...

my email :

HikerLT@alum.wpi.edu

HikerLT

yes, have the EUC, and also sent all of the authorization for pickup, etc. to the hauler. I am going to try again to contact the haulker after the Holiday. If I am unsuccessful then I guess I'll have to come up with some other plan to get the vehicle. I'm also going to check to see what I would need to try to just drive the vehicle....

not my first choice though....

HikerLT

Thanks for the advice...

I HAVE given the hauler all of the info....but the last phone conversation I had with him, he said he was busy and wanted me to call and confirm the base open days and times, etc....

Beginning to feel more and more I selected the wrong Hauler for the job...If I can't get good info on Tuesday from the Hauler I will cancel the job and put it back up for bids...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks