• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Front Brake Disk Rotor part number.

ecarl4100

I did a search for front brake disk rotor part numbers (NAPA). However, I've come up with nothing. I need to replace the front disk brake rotors on my M1008 (pickup version). Can anyone give me the part number? , specifically NAPA, since they're the only place in town. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Easypatriot

Out of curiosity, what vehicle did you use for the search? Using a 1984 Chevy K30, Napa Online returns part #NB 4885843 for vehicles with single rear wheels. That's the vehicle I use for my searches, and so far it works for most of them. I haven't done brakes on mine yet, so I can not guarantee that is the right number, and would reccomend taking one of the rotors off of the truck in with you to compare. Hope this helps. JP

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/R...&N=599001+101984+50014+2014044+26371&Ne=25000

ecarl4100

I've done a Google search as well as NAPA. However, I haven't done much good. I think the rotors are warped perhaps, and I was going to check the wheel balance, and replace the rotor's while I'm at it. The truck shimmies at certain speeds (which leads me to think it's a tire/wheel balance issue), but when I hit the brakes, sometimes it shakes like heck too.

Easypatriot

If you have not already, check/replace the steering stabilizer. mine had a wicked death wobble, and the stab was so blown out there was no resistance in either direction. the stock steering is fairly loose (like EVERY GM power steering vehicle I have ever driven) but with a blown stabilizer, it is scary. JP

Easypatriot

Also... if the steering wobble is all the time, check the stabilizer first... if it is ONLY under braking, it might just be warpped rotors... you may simply be able to have them machined instead of replacing. I don't know the specs for runout or min thickness off the top of my head, but I bet they're in the TM's somewhere ;)

JP

ecarl4100

I'm trying like heck to find them, but I'm not doing too good. I thing I'll replace the stabilizer and rotors, as well as rebalance the wheels. If anybody knows the NAPA part numbers for the front brake rotors and the steering stabilizer, I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to find and figure out the TM's on this site, but I guess I'm not very computer savvy. I appreciate y'all helping an old guy out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just let the counter guy get you the parts. It's just an 1984 K30. That simple.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
fwiw, there are only a couple TMs that end with "P". That means parts.

Use the table of context(think every book in the world, format). Look for front axle. Look at the pictures, match the picture to the part you need, then look one page furth for the GM part number.

As for how to use the nape website... Go to "napaonline". Select a vehicle(1984 chevrolet K30). Look for your part.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like there might be a touch of death wobble in there too!

As far as the TMs, here's a quick lesson on them.

TM 9-2320-289-10 is the owners manual. Gotta have it and I keep a hard copy in my trucks.
TM 9-2320-289-20 is Unit Maintenance. Consider this for light repairs and maintenance.
TM 9-2320-289-20P is the parts manual to support the above manual.
TM 9-2320-289-34 is the depot manual which covers major repairs and overhaul
TM 9-2320-289-34P is the parts manual to support the depot manual.

Forget trying to open and use them on the site, waste of time. Right click on them and save them to your computer for faster and easier searching.

Last edited:
Make Sure and Grease everyplace you find a Grease fitting up front,Correct me if im wrong alot of reasons the kingpins wearout are because they dont get greased as much as they should.I say an ounce of prevention is better than a day of busted knuckles :].The Napa parts are awesome they were expensive but they went right on.Off the subject i know make sure if you ever have to do a water pump on the 6.2 diesel USE NAPA's Waterpump it will save you alot of trouble in the long run and good luck with your M1008.;)