• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 front spring replacement help

gotzskillz

Hey all,

So I recently bought a M1008 and am working on getting it reliably drivable. It has death wobble so ill be rebuilding the kin pins, steering components, and replacing the shocks. Another problem it has is that the driver side spring is sagging severely causing the truck to lean to the drivers front. So obviously since ill have most of the front end apart i figured id go ahead and replace the springs.

Ive been doing a good bit of research looking for replacement springs and other than using someones throwaways, I found these:

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1449

The only downside, aside from price, is that they are 2 3/4" wide where as the originals are 3". Would this be a problem and/or does anyone have any other recommendations for replacement?

Thanks,

I purchased a complete set of springs (front and rear) for my 1009 from SD Truck Springs and have the front installed so far. Huge improvement and pick the old girl up and bit and leveled her out. I wish I could tell you on the width, I don't remember honestly and am not near the truck. I ended up going with the heavier spring option though as I run a plow on my m1009 and a heavy bumper with 12k warn winch.

I think that's the best price your going to see, I couldn't find anyone with cheaper prices when I did my swap especially when you consider shipping. Do yourself a favor add it all up on the website with shipping then call and ask if they can help you out a little and they likely will. I would advise not being in a rush either, I had one of my rear springs lost in transit with UPS if you can believe that.

Over all I would use SD springs again, I had a set of custom made springs at ATLAS springs out of SoCal and it was a miserable experience. Repeat trips, wrong weight rating, poor customer service, etc. If I ever put anymore springs on one of our trucks I will look at SD first.

ehuppert

Also check ATS springs. They're located in Pa and ship quickly. I use then for the shop I'm at and they're knowledgeable and fairly priced. And they stand behind their products!

Eric

blueblaze

You have to measure the spring pack width right where they mount on the axle perch. Last time I remember they are 2.5". Its a very big misconception because people measure at the end of the spring pack and they assume they have 3" wide springs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks