• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Frontend starting to sag

466Navastar

Ive found the best fix for this is a good local spring shop -

at home ---- measure from level floor to a ref point like the top of the front wheel opening......then jack up the body until its where you think it looks good and take same measurement.....then take the springs to the shop and tell them you need "x" number of inches lift and a couple more leafs.....they will know what to do and it shouldnt be too expensive - esp if you have good extra leafs the same width and dont have to buy their new spring steel.......my shop charges around $5 a leaf to re-arch and Ive had good luck doing this on several trucks.

1956_4x4

The new springs from autoparts warehouse should be here today. I will probably get around to throwing them on next week. I'll be sure to get some pics and let everyone know how there are working out!
Please keep track of your part numbers. I'm looking at replacing the springs on my 1031 too.

Smitty

biggestc69

Put the springs on last night and they turned out GREAT!! The part number was JRS224025LF just like toocool used. Raised the front end up quite a bit. About 3 inchs. I'm sure they will compress some over time. I'll try and get some pics this week to put up. Pretty straightforward swap. Thanks again for all the replies and to toocool for giving me an idea on which springs to get!

bshupe

Put the springs on last night and they turned out GREAT!! The part number was JRS224025LF just like toocool used. Raised the front end up quite a bit. About 3 inchs. I'm sure they will compress some over time. I'll try and get some pics this week to put up. Pretty straightforward swap. Thanks again for all the replies and to toocool for giving me an idea on which springs to get!

I looked up the part and it is listed as springs for an S-10 Blazer. Did I mess something up or is that actually what you used?

Thanks!

1956_4x4

Did you go to Autoparts Warehouse? Thats the part # I used. If they are for an S-10 Blazer, its a **** of a S-10 Blazer!
The part number looked right to me. Did you get a set of rear springs too? If so, what part number? Also, did it lift it high enough to cause problems with anything like the drive shaft etc.?

Thanks for keeping track of the #s and posting up the results!

Smitty

andytk5

69 - I am looking to use these JRS springs on my M1009 also. I don't have a winch so I am wondering if they will push mine higher? Hope not as 3" is the max I would want. I could always take a leaf out. Did you have to replace your U-Bolts? Thanks!