• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 horn beeps when turning....

lolercaust

Like it said, when i drive the truck its fine until i try and turn the horn beeps. I can tell its a short in the columb but i cant pin point what part it is exactly, any one else have/had this happen?

Keith_J

Pull the horn button cap off and check for dirt etc in this area. The only other place to check would be under the lock plate as the connection is made through the canceling cam. But you would have to pull the wheel and the lock plate which might be out of your comfort level. I can pull the lock plate without the special tool to compress it. I have a pick that works well to get the circlip off the shaft.

NCBloodhound

Like it said, when i drive the truck its fine until i try and turn the horn beeps. I can tell its a short in the columb but i cant pin point what part it is exactly, any one else have/had this happen?

This happened on my K5 one night driving home from church. Everyone thought I was a crazy driver honking at everyone when I turned. I removed the cap and stretched the spring that is wrapped around the wire under the cap. I'm not sure the M1008 has the same setup though.

gungearz

Until you fix the problem, you can just pull the wires off of the horn. I'd look into it ASAP cause shorts in electrical systems can cause fires.. That wouldn't be cool....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This site requires your state listed in your location.

I see from the info you put in for your age, your 13 years old.

Follow the rules.

Last edited:

lolercaust

OK fixed it, the shaft in the steering columb can slide in and out about an inch. The spring pushes the plate held by the circlip forceing the the shaft out fully. there are two contact points in the columb when you push the horn button (one). The applied force pushs the shaft and wheel down ever so slightly to contact the button in the ****y plastic signel assembly (two) and BEEP! so the colpret was the spring its self, two vise grips and a angry six foot bearded man and no more truck saying hi of its own accord.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks