• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Hummer headers?

btrapr

I have seen several sets of surplus 6.2l headers for sale and was wondering if any one got the to work on a CUCV?

How thick are they? I was thinking about trying to get a buddy to do some mods on a set if these things will fit a CUCV...

try tweaking and using them either just as headers on a N/A motor and gettiing them to connect and try a custom turbo mount set-up and let it BREATH

thanks

southdave

I have some hummer motor headers, I held them up to my 1009 (note my manfolds are for a turbo swap this what I found one side will work the other might not cant remember what side. I am getting old

btrapr

I was figuring that the passenger side would be the problem since the flange to exhaust pipe will be near the firewall- pointing right at it...I thought about capping off that end and making a new exit port...and a stand-off turbo flange

jmassenga

Nope; they won't work at all. The right one extits into the firewall, and the left one angles out too far and runs into the frame. I shortened the right up and put a bend right after the flange to get that side to work, but when I found that I would need to cut every runner off the left one and reweld them in at a different angle, I bagged the project. Ended up finding a used set of aftermarket full-length headers, which still required modification to fit (and removing the right side frame reinforcement and the pinion snubber) on a M1008.

20/20 hindsight, I would leave the stock manifolds and just put larger mandrel bent pipes and better mufflers on behind them.