• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 humvee wheels,tires,run-flats,lift??

dutch

RE: Cucv Wheel Lug Nuts on Hummer Wheels?

I got my goodyears in yesterday from eastcoast tire off ebay.they were $380 too with shipping.thats a good price for goodyears,i hope the tread dont wear too fast.ive never had a set of bias tires.but i only drive my truck around town and the house.ive called and emailed usa6x6 ,they still havnt gave me a turn around time on my wheels.Kevin,did you buy your wheels from them?or did you sent them wheels?yes put some pics up when you get it done.thanks,Mark

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Cucv Wheel Lug Nuts on Hummer Wheels

Yes I order the rims and have them recentered from USA6X6..12 Bolt...They were pushing the 8 Bolt, but for the small extra $$ I wanted the 12...Looks better..Just have to wait longer.,.
Kevin..

Elwenil

RE: Cucv Wheel Lug Nuts on Hummer Wheels

So what exactly are the dimensions on the HMMWV rims and what are the differences int he 12 and 8 bolt designs? I did a search but never came up with anything conclusive. I need to know the rim diameter, width, and backspacing and whatever is the better design. What are the differences in the bias and radial tires used on HMMWVs and was there any difference in the rim or runflat used with the different tires? I would like to run them in the stock HMMWV configuration with the runflat inserts if possible. Also, can any quality tire be used with the runflat inserts if it's the correct size or does it have to be the stock Goodyears? If possible I would like to run a set of BF Goodrich radials.

I am planning on using them on my '81 Dodge W250 as a testbed for my later build of a MV'ish Ramcharger and I am thinking of using wheel spacers if I can get them the right offset and since I have a D60 front axle with the larger Selectro hubs, I want to try to get the rim and spacer to cover them somewhat to protect them off-road. I figure the adaptors won't put any more strain on the hubs than if I had the rims re-centered and would probably be easier in the long run if I intend to keep the runflat. Thanks in advance guys!

CCATLETT1984

the main diff. between the 12bolt and the 8bolt is the pressure that they can handle. they 8bolt only handle up to 35psi (so bias plys only) the 12bolt can handle 50psi (so radials are ok). they have the same width and backspacing. run a 2" spacer on the front and you'll be fine. or you can get a set of dually hubs for the front and then you dont need to run a spacer.

in regards to the inserts, the rubber one is a pain to get into the tire, both might have to be trimmed a little due to the thicker bead on the A/T tires. you would need to have the thickness of the bead to know that for sure. the magnesium would be easier to trim as well.

AJMBLAZER

16.5x8.25 size
8x6.5" lug pattern
backspacing.....ummmm....I think it's in the neighborhood of 7"...so a lot.

Just to say it but have you searched for this stuff? We've been over the tires and their differences several times recently.
The RT/II bias plies are a better offroad tire but won't do as well on road.
The MT radials are a better road tire but pack up quick offroad and are infamous for thin sidewalls.

Elwenil

Thanks for the info guys. I tried to search but since the changeover to the new server I get more results that don't seem to have much to do with what I am looking for. Might also be the security I have on the connection at work since we changed ownership and computer systems right about the same time. I did find some info off Google but honestly, I prefer first hand info from guys I trust and that have had their hands on this stuff. I'll have to do some more digging while I'm at home. Thanks again!