• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 hydroboost brake + p/s power steering hydralic lines part numbers

Carl1008

Hopefully this helps someone in the future (maybe even me!)

I recently replaced my 1985 chevy k30 m1008 hydraulic lines / hoses. We're talking about the hoses that go from the power steering pump to the hydro-boost brake master cylinder on the firewall, from the hydro-boost to the steering box (steering gear box) and the two rubber hoses which return low pressure hydraulic fluid (power steering fluid or just plain old ATF in our old trucks) to the pump. Don't try searching for hydraulic brake lines - because then you'll just get plain old brake lines, not the hydro-boost hydraulic lines.

Pump to Brake Booster
(This is where the high pressure flooid starts its journey out of the hydraulic pump)
Autozone part number 91866 - $21.99

Brake Booster to Steering Box
(Apparently a good amount of high pressure hydraulic fluid leaves the brakes booster and heads to the steering box through this hose because there's no other way for the steering box to get high pressure hydraulic fluid)
Autozone part number 71093 - $15.99

Brake Booster return to Pump
(This is a low pressure line just held by cable clamps. It's simple rubber 3/8" ID ATF hose which you just cut to fit. Since it's low pressure this works just fine)
Autozone part number 71350 - $11.99

Steering Box return to Pump
(Same as above this is a low pressure line just held by cable clamps. It's simple rubber hose you just cut to fit since it's low pressure this works just fine)
Be smarter than me - save some money and use the leftovers from above! (part number 71350)

Btw, I can only vouch for the Autozone parts fitting my m1008, but Advance Auto has the same part numbers and similar prices so these parts almost surely work too:
Advance Auto part number 91866 - $23.56
Advance Auto part number 71093 - $16.39
Advance Auto part number 71350 - $12.29

If anyone else has other companies' part numbers to list that'd be nice for future reference I suppose. Should this be added to the wiki right next to the 'belts' section? Or is that wiki reserved for hard-to-find parts? These parts weren't very hard to find - Autozone's website was spot on and so was Advance Auto's website once I stopped looking for 'hydraulic brake hoses'. Because that search only led me to plain old brake lines and hoses that you'de find at each brake or between the frame and axle (though I couldn't tell because there's nothing in the website's picture for scale!) I was afraid my m1008 had hydraulic lines that you you wouldn't find on a normal K30. Alas, have no fear, our m1008s power steering lines are shared with the civilian 6.2 diesel K30 (at least in1985 - but I would suspect in all years).

Also, talked to a pro diesel-mechanic neighbor and he said power steering fluid is a bit better to run than ATF, but in our old trucks ATF will also work fine.

Gunfighter1

Thanks for the part number, i was going to replace the high pressure hoses when i replace my PS pump. Figured id do it all while i got it apart. I know Rock auto has some listed if you search by model/year. Ill have to look at there part numbers and compare. Just checked there the same.

Last edited:

rustystud

Thanks for the part number, i was going to replace the high pressure hoses when i replace my PS pump. Figured id do it all while i got it apart. I know Rock auto has some listed if you search by model/year. Ill have to look at there part numbers and compare. Just checked there the same.
Rock Auto also has the brake booster unit too. I had to get one last year and they where the only ones who had one.

Zeb

Thanks @Carl1008, I found this your post very useful. I'm tired of topping off the PSF every month, and finally decided to look for the leak. Found that my high pressure line from the brake booster to steering box is leaking where the rubber hose meets the metal lines (at both ends). Figured I might as well replace all of the lines while I'm in there.
I typically use Advance Auto Parts. As you mentioned regarding AutoZone part numbers, it looks like Advance Auto Parts part numbers are not stable over time either. Unconfirmed at this time, but I think the new Advanced Auto Parts numbers are:
About to order the 2 high pressure lines + two 48" lengths of the low pressure ATF hose, and will hopefully be installing them within the next 2 weeks. Will report back to confirm/refute that these parts fit my CUCV once the job is done

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks