• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 in Northern PA

xfillxupx

Hey Ya'll,

I've come to your forum for knowledge about my new to me m1008. I purchased it needing with it needing a transmission in Binghamton NY. Well, recently my father purchased a m1008 down state for parts and I now have a transmission! It's all together and running and driving now! It still has some problems before it goes on the road, what is needs:

Radiator or radiator repaired (previous owner dropped a battery on it...),
Alternator 2 issue repaired,
exhaust,
tires,
door panels and dash pad,
clevis tie downs.
If you have clevises or interior parts for sale, let me know I'm looking for the red/maroon parts.

Also I'm having a lot of difficulties with your forum; it keeps making me login in for everything & I keep getting errors when I upload pictures. Any input on this?

Thanks for the add,
Phil

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, and the hobby. Glad you are managing to sort out the problems, Try ticking the remember me box when signing in. I get those same issues from time to time, mostly if I take a while typing something when I click post I'm told to sign on! (again) So now I always copy my text then paste after refreshing the page, Annoyingly slow and frustrating, but at least it works and saves re-typing everything all over again, .

xfillxupx

I'm from Gillett PA, just south of Elmira NY. I recently put my truck on the road and have been doing some cruising, my m1008 seems to top out about 60... Is this typical? I also put aftermarket wheels on it to bring it into the future!downsized_0513052018.jpg