• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 injection pump question

cbr600rx7

I think my injection pump is on its way out. My biggest question is what is the difference from the 6.5 (DB2831-5149 and 6.5 de-tuned (DB2831-5209) injection pumps. I also have a 6.2 pump off a K10 civilian truck sitting in the garage but im not sure how interchangeable civilian stuff is with the cucv.

Chief_919

CUCV IP's are 12v, the HMMWV ones are 24v and you would have to swap the top cover/solenoid for a 12v one to make it work. A rebuilt civvy pump is cheaper and easier unless you have a real cheap source for HMMWV pumps.

The pump from the K10 should be a straight bolt in.

cbr600rx7

I have a DB2 831 5485 sitting in the garage right now that should be good. Its a 24 volt but my solenoid is still clicking on my other pump so i am thinking about giving it a try.

JAsher45

I would first start by changing the fuel shut off solenoid on the pump and rule that out.. when they get old sometimes they will only partially energize and not open all the way. if you look in TM 9-2815-237-34 it will give you all the setting for these pumps THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! i know that they will work to get you by but may cost you in the long run... would hate for you to burn holes in pistons.... the fuel delivery rates are different and the cam movments are different. A CIVI 6.2 pump will work just fine here

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks