• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 Installed hitch

BA232

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a hitch over the weekend and this is how I did it. The hitch was free/used and was wider than the frame of the truck. Only mod to the truck was I needed to hog out the mounting holes on the bumper bracket to make up for the plate and add longer bolts. Spare tire still fits. I got lots of good info from searching S.S. so I thought I would add to it.

Attachments

unaffiliated

Very nice install. I wish I had a metal brake, very jealous. Nice cuts with the torch, most cuts I've seen with a torch look like the metal was chewed apart. I like the way the hitch forms a nice step to get into the bed of the truck.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unaffiliated likes the brake, I like the garage, I want a garage........:drool:

Nice custom job by the way, Thats 1 rep point from me and 2 thumbs up [thumbzup][thumbzup]for your ingenuity and perseverance.

Are you going to do the front as well...?

BA232

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice install. The truck looks better with the black rims too. I thought about painting them myself.
It's running great. Added a block heater, Solar battery maintainer and fixed the Batt gauge with the 300 ohm resistor trick I found here.

Attachments

Aurora

I'm glad to hear its running good and the gauge was an easy fix. I see you have the troop seats out, are you working on them?

BA232

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to find a cap for the winter to keep the snow out. I'll put tem back in the spring. Real east to remove.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks