• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 Installed hitch

BA232

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a hitch over the weekend and this is how I did it. The hitch was free/used and was wider than the frame of the truck. Only mod to the truck was I needed to hog out the mounting holes on the bumper bracket to make up for the plate and add longer bolts. Spare tire still fits. I got lots of good info from searching S.S. so I thought I would add to it.

Attachments

unaffiliated

Very nice install. I wish I had a metal brake, very jealous. Nice cuts with the torch, most cuts I've seen with a torch look like the metal was chewed apart. I like the way the hitch forms a nice step to get into the bed of the truck.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unaffiliated likes the brake, I like the garage, I want a garage........:drool:

Nice custom job by the way, Thats 1 rep point from me and 2 thumbs up [thumbzup][thumbzup]for your ingenuity and perseverance.

Are you going to do the front as well...?

BA232

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice install. The truck looks better with the black rims too. I thought about painting them myself.
It's running great. Added a block heater, Solar battery maintainer and fixed the Batt gauge with the 300 ohm resistor trick I found here.

Attachments

Aurora

I'm glad to hear its running good and the gauge was an easy fix. I see you have the troop seats out, are you working on them?

BA232

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to find a cap for the winter to keep the snow out. I'll put tem back in the spring. Real east to remove.