• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 intermittently blows ignition fuse

biggestc69

I'm new here and I've been through the previous threads and havent seen a similar post so I hope that I'm not reposting a previously answered question. I have just purchased an m1008 not running. After charging the batteries I had power and the engine would crank but the glow plugs would not cycle. I checked the fuses and found that the IGNITION fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse and the glow plugs cycle like a champ, truck runs fine. But every 4th or 5th start it will blow the IGNITION fuse. I know that this is due to a short or failing component in the ignition system, could it also be something in the glow plug system? I have the wiring schematics and I am familiar with army TM's I just wasnt sure if this was problem that someone else had encountered and could give me a good place to start or if I should just get the voltmeter out and start hunting down wires? Thanks for your time and answers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks