• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 kicks it at the Mudbog..

acesneights1

And they say 6.2s have no balls....
I actually caught air on the way out.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TzCq1rJEAk&feature=player_embedded[/media]

acesneights1

plain ol 35 inch BFG AT's. The guys at Pirate4x4 laughed at me and said I'd sink...little do they know the power of an M1008 and a loose nut behind the wheel...that poor truck...:driver:

DokWatson

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1-sTi01_lM[/media]

6.2 has plenty of power to dig out the deep holes :mrgreen:

We all went around that hole after that, lol.

acesneights1

Wonder how it would do with some true mud tires? Fun to play in the mud but sucks to clean it up after.
You have no idea...:mrgreen:
4 hrs with a pressure washer and then I got water in Gen 2 and it went on fire and nearly burned the truck down. I am going to convert to a serp belt and single alt. This was not a good day for the truck. First is would not start. That Doghead relay sticky is a godsend. Had I not read that awhile back I would have been scratching my head but instead, I knew right where to look and sure enough...fried. Then the alt went on fire. I guess something shorted out from the water since that is the isolated one.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You have no idea...:mrgreen:
4 hrs with a pressure washer and then I got water in Gen 2 and it went on fire and nearly burned the truck down. I am going to convert to a serp belt and single alt. This was not a good day for the truck. First is would not start. That Doghead relay sticky is a godsend. Had I not read that awhile back I would have been scratching my head but instead, I knew right where to look and sure enough...fried. Then the alt went on fire. I guess something shorted out from the water since that is the isolated one.
Most likely the isolated ground of Gen 2 became un-isolated from the water. Bad ju-ju when that happens...

acesneights1

Well for now just going to replace it. The local junky has a drivers side one for 60$. IIRC I can use it on the pass side correct ? I could use an answer by 4 pm est if anyone knows otherwise I'm gonna just try it. It was a crime to see an M1008 in the junkyard but I could not get them to sell me the whole truck. All it needed was a motor. Big deal...You can get a 6.2 at 7-11....rofl
Truck was in decent shape.:sad:
Perhaps a moment of silence for it as it gets harvested...aua

dstang97

Those people at that junk yard are so shiesty. I had a bad experience with them. I will never buy anything from them and will slander them.

dstang97

Which one ? I deal with the one in Somers. They have been pretty good to me.

That one and they said they would sell it, but it would be cheaper to buy a complete one. He wanted top dollar plus some for his junk. What happened was I was looking for a starter and he said he had one. I asked him 5 times what the price was. So i drove my CUCV up there only to find out it is a Chinese 12v one and when i get there he tells me a price 50 bucks more. I confronted him about it and he told me its military so it is more. I told him I wouldn't even give him 5 bucks for it.