• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 Lift

aboonski

I have to do a 6" lift on my M1008 and looking for a thread that covered that. Planning on putting H1 rims & tires on my truck, hopefully before we get our first hurricane this season here in Central Florida. Also need to obtain the 2" spacers for the front and rear. One person I ran into says you can use the leaf springs off the back of a K5 Blazer on the front end by taking a few of the leaves out - anybody ever try that? Some of the lift kits are costly! Also want to know the best approach in dealing with the driveshaft angles after the lift is accomplished. Any advice is appreciated! Trying to keep from ever getting stuck in the mud when I drive through Holopaw again!

scottc

Lifted my 1008 4". Used the tuff country kit, springs, blocks and shocks. Everthing went well. You should not need to mess with the steering. My steering was not effected at all after the lift. Lift was done four years ago and I have had no problems. Only extra parts I had to buy were extension pieces for the front brake lines.

AJMBLAZER

There should definitely be some sort of steering correction going on with anything over 2" of lift.

I have to do a 6" lift on my M1008 and looking for a thread that covered that. Planning on putting H1 rims & tires on my truck, hopefully before we get our first hurricane this season here in Central Florida. Also need to obtain the 2" spacers for the front and rear. One person I ran into says you can use the leaf springs off the back of a K5 Blazer on the front end by taking a few of the leaves out - anybody ever try that? Some of the lift kits are costly! Also want to know the best approach in dealing with the driveshaft angles after the lift is accomplished. Any advice is appreciated! Trying to keep from ever getting stuck in the mud when I drive through Holopaw again!
www.ColoradoK5.com my friend.

Cucvnut

pirate 4x4 has a ton of info on lifting blazers and K30's on a 52 inch spring swap you dont need to take out some of the rear springs in the leaf pack. you just need to relocate the front hanger for the spring set up you will get 4 inches of lift with this set up. you can add OffRoaddesign's zero rate add a leat to get a 5 ich lift . on the rear you can go either springs or a shakle flip.on the H1 rims you need to recenter them or they will hit when you turn the truck. this can also be found on pirate if you look up recentered H1's

here is a link for the 52 inch swap in the front
52" Front Spring Swap

Re Centered H1 rims for dana 60's and what not
RECENTERED H1 Special!!!! - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

hope this helps

as for drive shafts you will need to lengthen the front if you plan on wheeling hard core

i had a K20 4x4 suburban with a 6 inch lift and my drive shafts were stock and did not need to be changed or lengthened

Last edited:

REGULATOR

I think after I sort my engine out, I will need some of those rims and tires, and of course a 6 inch lift to clear them ( wow that added up fast)

oh well still cheaper then buying a new truck...

Cucvnut

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks