• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Maine to Massachusetts

chevyCUCV

Hey all

I just bought a second M1008 in Maine and will be needing transportation back to mass.

Truck is non running and frankly i would prefer not to start it in front of the po.

It has one flat and will likely need a flat bed tow back.

It is parked in the woods just off the road. Looks like it will be difficult to get a trailer back there and the truck might need to be dragged out to the road

Any one in the area have a car trailer or better that can help out?

I am willing to pay and would much rather have money go to a SS than any towing company

Trip is from North Berwick, Maine to Bedford Massachusetts

Thanks all of SS

Attachments

Kalashnikov

How soon do you need it done? I have a bit of work to do on my 5 ton which will take at least a couple weeks since I have to go to PA to get tires on the 13thish.

chevyCUCV

I was hoping for the next week or two but i think i can arrange for more time.

Looks like were working the same as i am trying to get my current m1008 ready to roll again, if i can get mine going then i will look for a trailer rental to get it home

Do you have a trailer? IF i could rent one from you that could be a big help also

Thanks

tanhmmwv

I know a guy in Wear NH that may be able to help. he has a duaramax pickup and a trailer. do you want me to have him call you if he can do it?
Paul

Kalashnikov

I was hoping for the next week or two but i think i can arrange for more time.

Looks like were working the same as i am trying to get my current m1008 ready to roll again, if i can get mine going then i will look for a trailer rental to get it home

Do you have a trailer? IF i could rent one from you that could be a big help also

Thanks
Unfortunately no trailer. I was going to put it in the bed of my 5 ton. But I suppose flat towing would work fine as long as the tires will hold air or get some spares which I might have.

chevyCUCV

Man would i love to see a m1008 in the back of a 5 ton!
Loading that would be interesting.

I can come up with spares for a flat tow.
I dont have a tow bar though

My tires just shipped for my truck so i might be able to flat tow it,

Anybody have tow bar i could borrow/rent

chevyCUCV

Update i just mounted new tires on the truck,
Need to fix a few things before its road ready.

I could really use an equipment trailer or large car trailer if anyone has one they would rent out.

Willing to pay obviously and help work on trucks for exchange.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks