• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 no ldetroit locker

jwasjp

i know all m1008's are supposed to have the detroit locker in the rear but mine seems to not have it?

rnd-motorsports

Did you get the truck from GL or a private owner ? If the rear does not have a Detroit locker then somebody has removed it! Maybe your is just broke! What gears are in it?

japickar

If the truck was bought from a private owner I would guess that the original axle(s) has been removed. M1008 axles are very popular additions to offroad projects and can bring good money, so they were probably used in another project or sold by the PO. Are the axles in the truck still the Dana 60/14 Bolt combo? Does the truck drive like it is still equipped with 4.56 gears (max speed around 60 mph)?

jwasjp

i bought the truck from a dealership. the axles seem to be the ones tht came with the truck and yes it drives with top speed around 60

japickar

The guy I bought my truck from said that he has bought 1008's before that were equipped with an open rear differential (all the trucks he buys are from military auctions), so I guess it is possible that you don't have a locker.

puppy

Jack it up and check the operation of the rear tires. Slowly spin them in the same direction, grab one and jerk it in the opposite direction, the locker should disengage and "click" as the other tire spins.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks