• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 of M1028 for Plowing

Whit

Folks:

I can see an emerging need for a truck to plow snow and haul wood with (out of the woods). Gas mileage is a secondary consideeration. Would I be better off looking at the M1028 or the M1008?

Thanks in advance

Whit

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
either is great.

markg

Folks:

I can see an emerging need for a truck to plow snow and haul wood with (out of the woods). Gas mileage is a secondary consideeration. Would I be better off looking at the M1028 or the M1008?
Whit

1028 has trac-lock in the front, and a 3600lb payload. my truck at left will outpull our 2940 deere tractor when loaded. true 4 wheel drive makes all the difference. thanks, mark

rnd-motorsports

Just my thought but 1028 is the better choice for what you want plow and haul wood overloads in the rear and posi in the front of the 1028 thats what the one in my pic to left is. 1008 is open front and no overloads same truck otherwise ! I use mine for a daily driver and a firewood getter made the rear window screen and it will haul a good load and the posi in the front makes for a great go anywhere truck but then again posi front and back just gets you stuck that much worse! LOL!

ehuppert

1028 would be better as stated due to the posi front.

With that said my 08 is a plow monster (well was when tires were new). I have a 800 ft driveway and of course have a hill on the far end. Last year had some issues plowing uphill during the last two wet snows we had, but other than that the truck plows great.

Obliviously the 1028 has a higher gvw, but i added the overload pack and perches to my rear spring packs. I've had 3700 lbs payload, truck was fine. DOT probably wouldn't have agreed as it's technically over the "rating".

As for firewood, i can get **** near a cord in by careful stacking over the sides, ending up with wood even wth or over the cab roof.

With all that said, the 1028's aren't as readily available as the 1008's and do generally fetch a higher selling price.

I would be more concerned with finding a clean/well maintained truck whether it be a 08 or 28. Not overly difficult to add the 1028 "upgrades" if you end up with a clean 08

Eric

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks