• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 on 46s. Whats it take

asg13

M1008.jpg

Saw this truck on cl. Anyone know anything on it?

Wondering what is involved and what it would cost to build one like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting links to craigslist or ebay ads is not allowed (unless they belong to you). Please reread the forum rules.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks warthog. Ok. Money? Fine. How much lol.
M1008 = $4500
12" lift with rear springs = $2K
395's = $1000
Wheels = $1000
I'll let you do the install and fab to make it work = $0

$8500 to get it like what's shown. But I'm betting you'd hate life if that was still a 6.2. Probably would want 5.13's in the axles too.

asg13

Got the truck. Thats a plus. Is there a manufactured 12" lift? Or need to be fabricated. I can install. Have access to a fab shop too.

sweetk30

super lift . has 12"

crossover steering kit as stock push/pull even with correction parts will SUCK at that hight .

and don't forget drive shafts . the fronts going to be a pita for the short yet steep angle with 12" lift.

also cut fenders and or still 3" body lift .

and even dana 60 / 14ff axle combo will be hurting a lot from the weight of the tires.

asg13

Not sure how dependable it would be either. I drive the truck rarely but when i need it, i need it! Just get bired with it sitting there and atart pondering ideas. I know those 46s are unreal heavy. But it would turn some heads haha

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm confused. Are you buying the pictured truck or are you wanting to build one like it)

asg13

Not buying. Was just curious about it. Building one like it. I have a m1008. Just came across it. It looked interesting.

fitz

I owned a civy Chevy with a super lift 12" lift with 44" Super Swampers.
I hated it.
I lowered it down with a 6" lift and 35" BFG's and drove it daily. It was like a completely different truck.
To get reasonable driveshaft angles with a 12" lift was achieved by using a 2 wheel drive Turbo 350 with a divorced transfer case.
The truck did look good, but rode like ****.
Allot of money was spent building it, and lots more spent to lower it down to a reasonable height.

welpro222

Unless you have a beefed up 454 for it, I would not run a 6.2 for this. I ran 37s with 4.10 gearing and it was a dog, flat roads r great but with a hill it would start getting hot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks