• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 or M1028

lolercaust

So iv had the truck for about two months and im still learning the indepth stuff BUT the truck was sold as a M1008 but the door plate states M1028. I have the 9" frame, front locker, bed power cables, over load/helper rear springs, Shelter mount/tie downs and the cab plate is 3600 hual 9400 tow. With all that said it would make sence to say M1028A1 or A2 but i have a NP208 T-case. Every thing iv read tells me i should have a NP205 W/WO PTO i put my vin down. I just wana be sure if its a 08,28A1 or 28A2 any one have an idea.

1 = USA
G = General Motors
C = Chevy Truck
H = 9001 - 10000
D = military or CUCV
3= 1 ton
4 = 2 Door Cab
8 = Blazer
J = 6.2L V8 Diesel
X
E = 1984
F = Flint

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since my memory isn't what it used to be, I looked in the owners manual (a free download) and found this compelling information.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your a Genius! Who would have thought to look at the TM?

markg

So iv had the truck for about two months and im still learning the indepth stuff BUT the truck was sold as a M1008 but the door plate states M1028. I have the 9" frame, front locker, bed power cables, over load/helper rear springs, Shelter mount/tie downs and the cab plate is 3600 hual 9400 tow. With all that said it would make sence to say M1028A1 or A2 but i have a NP208 T-case. Every thing iv read tells me i should have a NP205 W/WO PTO i put my vin down. I just wana be sure if its a 08,28A1 or 28A2 any one have an idea.

1 = USA
G = General Motors
C = Chevy Truck
H = 9001 - 10000
D = military or CUCV
3= 1 ton
4 = 2 Door Cab
8 = Blazer
J = 6.2L V8 Diesel
X
E = 1984
F = Flint
you have a m1028. no doubt about it. the fourth digit being an H with a 208 makes it so. 3600 lbs payload , 9400 gvw. 1008 had 2900 lbs payload, 8800 gvw and a 4th digit G. thanks. mark

jsgmdiesel

When I bought my M1028 off of Craigslist, it was listed as an M1008. Looked in the door jamb, had the same numbers as you plus the other giveaways such as heavier rear springs and I could tell there had been a communications box in the back instead of the wooden seats. All M1028s had the 208 Tcase, A1s have 205.

lolercaust

OK that explians it, thanks for all the expediant replies. As for the TM's you can keep them there full of spelling/grammatical errors and miss information so there only good for kindling as far as im concerened.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And internet forums are fact, for sure.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
You can also compare the nsn on the dataplate in the door jamb to the ones listed on the cover of the tm. You don't even have to open the book.:naner:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK that explians it, thanks for all the expediant replies. As for the TM's you can keep them there full of spelling/grammatical errors and miss information so there only good for kindling as far as im concerened.
That's why I knew the answer and you didn't. I read the kindling.

cpf240

And the people that post on internet forums are all English majors who never misspell anything, always use correct grammar and actually know what they are talking about?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks