• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 power steering

jeffro589

Hey guys,
I replaced the steering gear, pump, and lines on my 1008 over the course of a few days. Now the assist feels very strange and hard braking the pedal returns slowly. I'm really just looking for someone to go out to their truck and take a few pictures of where the lines go between the pump, steering gear, and hydroboost unit. Thanks

Last edited:

Scrounger

It sounds like there is air in the system. Jack the front end up, start engine, then turn the steering wheel full lock left, then full lock right. Repeat several times and double check the fluid level. That should purge the air.

cucvrus

Hey guys,
I replaced the steering gear, pump, and lines on my 1008 over the course of a few days. Now the assist feels very strange and hard braking the pedal returns slowly. I'm really just looking for someone to go out to their truck and take a few pictures of where the lines go between the pump, steering gear, and hydroboost unit. Thanks
You are not really able to mix the lines up. The ends are bent on way and the flare nuts are different sizes. You have 3 lines to the hydra-boost and they only fit one way. I can take a picture for you today if you would like. Good Luck but I think these guys are right about the air in the system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks