• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 questions?

black7.3

My fire dept. has a real good deal with the DNR to get one of these's trucks. We are going to go look at a few of them tommorow morning and was wondering if you guys could give me some tips as to what to look for in a good used one and what we should try to stay away from. Thanks for your help

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check for rust, rockers, floors, cab corners, supports, frame, fuel tank hangers, fuel tank, glow plug system operates correctly, driveshaft, alternators charging ( the lights shouldn't be on after it warms up), smoke, check for cracked tranny case especially if it has a bent d/s, test drive? Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

black7.3

Thanks for the reply. We plan on using the truck as a grass fire rig and just a all around utility truck. Between the stuff we have around the station and donated stuff from the fire fighters we should only have to buy a water tank for it. Our township does not want to buy a new rig with the hard ecomonic times we are still going through so we thought this would be a great idea, i will post pics when we get it and get it done. Im gonna love this project i've always wanted one of these trucks if everything goes good i might just buy one for myself

black7.3

We got a good one!! Its an 86 with 33k on it not one spot of rust on it and it even has the paint on the frame from the factory, it has 2 minor dents in it thats it. The truck looks like whoever had it in the DNR took care of it. It was it the 20's this morning and the truck fired right up with one cycle of the glow plugs its really just a clean old truck. I will post pics when we get it back to the station next week​

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks