• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 rear axle questions.

Ride2Kill

So I'm about to score an M1008 and had noticed that the rear axle under it was not a full floating type like every other 5/4 Chevy I've seen. I think somebody might have gave it the old switch-a-roo. I have these same axles under my Jeep so I know what to look for on them.

My questions are; Did all M1008's come with a full floating rear axle?
Do all M1008's have a locking rear diff?

91W350

Should be equipped with 4.56 gears, Detroit Locker, Corporate 14 bolt and full floating axles. Yours would not be the first one that was sold with a set of 1/2 ton axles swapped in.

KsM715

Theres alot of rockcrawlers buying 1008's and swapping out the 1tons for cheap and easy 1/2 ton stuff.

Is the seller trying to pass off this truck as just being surplused out?

12vctd

Lol if I had a nickle for every set of axles I have robbed from a m1008 Id be rich. Wait if I didnt have 3 ex's id be rich cause i made more than a nickle. But never did I swap 1/2 running gear into one, I can see why someone would, but the trucks I stole axles from were more or less trashed with no motors or anything.

cucv1833

My M1008 axles were swapped to 10 bolt from the m1009 my buddy was building for rock crawling:cry: I got the truck very cheap and it runs "kinda" cant wait to get some real axles.

Ride2Kill

Theres alot of rockcrawlers buying 1008's and swapping out the 1tons for cheap and easy 1/2 ton stuff.

Is the seller trying to pass off this truck as just being surplused out?

He had bought the truck from another guy that says he got if from DRMO. I believe the man is just un knowing of what he had bought. The seller claims the front end is a D60. When he sends me some pics I'll know for sure.