• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 rear lights lamps holders replacement

sirmax123

Hi!

I'm trying to find a replacement for rear light lights lamps holders - but all I can find here has 4 points but the original one has 2 points.

Please see the difference in the image below.
Also, I have the same issue with the turn signal lights - the lamp holders are not exactly the same as the original.

Could you please provide me with the correct names of the lamp holders in order to be able to Google for replacement ?
For all lams, not only tail light, I have not checked yet but expect same problems for all lamp including dashboard lamps

1623661268968.png

Jeepadict

I've had good luck from companies that specialize in OEM restoration parts as things like this are not CUCV specific. In theory, any 80's Squarebody component should be a direct fit...key word, should. There's no telling what a previous owner may have sub'd-in for various reasons. Since GM made soo many parts interchangeable over a span of years, you'll be surprised how difficult it can be to find an exact fit due to model year changeover parts or different aftermarket suppliers trying to make one part fit multiple year applications. I've seen guys replace the entire light assembly and sockets with new because they couldn't find the right fit.

Dorman
LMC Truck
Brothers
USA 1
Year One
Classic Industries
Classic Parts

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

sirmax123

I've had good luck from companies that specialize in OEM restoration parts as things like this are not CUCV specific. In theory, any 80's Squarebody component should be a direct fit...key word, should. There's no telling what a previous owner may have sub'd-in for various reasons. Since GM made soo many parts interchangeable over a span of years, you'll be surprised how difficult it can be to find an exact fit due to model year changeover parts or different aftermarket suppliers trying to make one part fit multiple year applications. I've seen guys replace the entire light assembly and sockets with new because they couldn't find the right fit.
Thank you!

It is a very good answer for me - instead of wasting time trying to find a lamp holder (which may not exists in my region of Europe) I will modify the reflector.

Jeepadict

All the companies listed except Dorman (they are a parts manufacturer) have a paper catalog that you can order from their website. They are awesome references that you can use like a parts manual and can be a great tool in maintaining these old beasts. I keep one of each on a shelf for refrence and they send out new/updated copies periodically.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks