• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 rear u bolt size

dunedigger

Tried finding the correct stock size u bolt for the rear 14 bolt axle with the square u bolts. No luck finding the numbers. Anyone know what size these are? They are measured by total length, bolt size and inner measurement that fits around the springs between bolts.

dunedigger

Ordered a new set of rear springs and forgot to measure the u bolts, I couldn't get to my truck to measure them before the order. Anyway, someone had picked up the stuff for me and now I picked up my springs tonight. So far out of a M1028 and M1008 I have bought both have had broken springs.

gsparks

does anyone know the size of the front u bolts in a m1028. I need a u bolt about 1 inch longer. I just want to level the truck up in the front with a block spacer. I know they have 5/8 threads, but I don't know the width (inside to inside I guess).

Disciple

Sorry I don't know the size off-hand. I'd have to crawl underneath mine and measure, but if I were you I'd call Off Road Design out of Colorado. They're great folks and know these trucks well. I just picked up a new set of Dana 60 U-bolts from them for my lift. All Grade 8 hardware. www.offroaddesign.com
Hope this helps a little anyways.

Matt1031

does anyone know the size of the front u bolts in a m1028. I need a u bolt about 1 inch longer. I just want to level the truck up in the front with a block spacer. I know they have 5/8 threads, but I don't know the width (inside to inside I guess).
Block spacers on front springs are both unsafe and illegal - even if they are only 1" tall. 1" Zero rates are OK because they are part of the actual spring pack. Be advised that zero rates are still supposedly illegal in NJ even though they are technically different from a lift block. Check your state's laws.
If you call ORD, they sell zero rates have the extra long U-bolts/studs available.
Add a Leafs, Zero Rate for 4x4 Suspensions from Offroad Design

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks