• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 seat replacement.

Hammy

has anyone used crown vic seats in a m1008? how much work would it be and could i also use the vic center console?

ryan77

Suburban one's work nice with the center console! Ive never seen crown vic ones in a 1008!

Hammy

I work for a PD and the crown vic seats are comfy and roomy and they sit really low so I thought they may work. would I have to basically make new mounting holes?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Conversely, I have been driving the crown vics for years. I find them minimal at best. Any seat can be made to fit.

Hammy

I was thinking about something like that.

I'm not savvy with a welder and i dont have access to one, but would it be possible to take the original bench seat off the original mount and then modify the donor seats to fit on that original bracket?

the whole set up would move as one unit which isnt my aim but i think im limited at the amount of metal work I can do.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend fabricating a mounting platform to use the original mounting lugs and then mount your crown vic seats to the platform. That's what I did to accommodate some HMMWV seats in my M1028. Their not the most comfortable seats but they fit the look I was after...
Do you have any completed pics? I was considering exactly that but with 3 seats.

2HIJOS2126

Hammy... You would still have to fabricate a platform, unless the crown vic seats and center console are one unit. The two slider rails that mount to the original lugs are what come off of the bench seat. If you take a peep at my welds you can see that I'm no pro myself, ha ha. This concept took me a week and a lot of trial and error to get it where I wanted it. I took into consideration my wife might be driving this and mounted the driver seat a little more forward than the passenger seat. All in all I think it turned out ok...

Recovry4x4... I don't have any completed pictures at this time (never got around to it) but I could take some sometime this week and pm them to you. I also added a center console that I fabricated from an ammo can that holds two cup holders, 3 toggle switches for my auxiliary lighting and 3/4 of the inside for various junk. *Disregard* I do have a couple.

Last edited:

Hammy

I see that in your picture now. yeah i'll have to do some careful planning on how to make it work. I thought there was a frame across the whole bottom of the seat. I wonder if I can make a cross support with angle iron or something. this is giving me a bunch of new ideas now. eventually when i get this done I'll let you know how it goes.

i'm interested in the ammocan console idea now. do you have pics of that?

2HIJOS2126

Yeah I got a few pictures. I was able to mount some new seatbelts in the original lugs as well. Oh and don't mind those bulky 6x9 boxes, I built a custom box for them that fits behind/between my seats. Also those plates in the middle came with my seats and they just fit perfectly between them...

Attachments

Last edited:

Hammy

Thats a really cool set up. and those seats aren't as hard to find as suburban seats or vic seats. What do you think of running three of those seats across and making the center one fold down as a center console/seat? will those L-brackets on the side of the seats allow a mod to make the seat fold down?

2HIJOS2126

Thank You... This set up works great for me now but I plan on adding some more mods later, maybe some rifle mounts or something cool like that.

Yeah these seats are pretty abundant and come with all sorts of hardware. I think you could do a 3 seat modification quite easily. If you look at the pictures you can see that the top portion of the seat is attached by 4 bolts, 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. What I did on my driver side to better accommodate my wife when she chooses to drive this beast is only attach the bottom bolts which allow the top portion to hinge on them. Right now I just got a 4x4 block for her to put behind the seat and that puts her pretty upright and comfortable enough to get around, I later plan on adding a bracket on each side where she can just put some T-handles through the bolt holes to keep the seat upright. With the seat hinging on the bottom bolts though I'm not sure how low the seat will fold down, if you went that route you might have to play around with different hinge locations to get the seat to fold down level either with the bottom/top bolt locations or drill another location somewhere between the two. Keep us updated, just take my idea and run with it. I'm excited to see where you go with this...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks