• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 shackle flip & driveshaft help

bushhawg73

Does anyone have any information on the shackle flip from DIY4X verses the offroad design one. The are pretty close in price. I am just wondering if anyone has seen both in person and would rate one over the other as better built.

I am also about the have both u joints in my rear driveshaft replaced and it rebalanced. Should I mark the differental and transmission in a way so that it is installed just like it was when it was removed. Unsure of this since it is getting 2 new joints and rebalanced. Thanks for any input.

Skinny

Couldn't tell you about the shackle flip. I have the ORD one and was impressed with the build quality.

Don't mark the shaft. It is balanced as an assembly and installation orientation has no effect on balance. Every factory manual will tell you to mark it but it doesn't matter in this case.

richingalveston

ord shackle flip on 1009

in process of installing ord 4 inch lift and shackle flip on my 1009, I am very impressed with the ORD products. If they are close in price I would go with ORD. you can probably find 100 people on here that has used ORD and likes them, probably not very many that have used others. unless you were saving %50, I would not risk it.

i have the shackles and springs installed, just finished the welding on the 14 bolt FF, The Dana 60 is also being rebuilt at this time.

I also purchased the cross over high steer from ord, replaced the steering box and installed a borgeson steering shaft. just waiting to get the axle finished to finish the cross over.

my 1009 is still on blocks so nothing is road tested but compared to the stock parts i removed for the ORD parts, the ORD parts are impressive.

bigburb11

The diy4x comes with backing plates which is nice. Also, it uses different style shackle... So you'd need to buy that separately.

Can't go wrong with either one, but my vote is diy4x.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks