• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 spare tire

sht2kll

Howdy all: My M1008 does not have a spare tire or any provisions to mount one. Did these things have spares? If they did, where did they mount? I am not sure what my truck was used for. there are eye bolts mounted in the bed ( I think for cargo), so I figure they did not mount one there. I do not see any thing under the vehicle like the civilian versions have. Iguess I could go to some wrecking yards and see if I can find mounting hardware for one. WE do not have very good wrecking yards here in Nevada anymore.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the -20P.

countryboy

none of our older chevy pickups ever had any mounts underneath neither did my cucv the spares have always been in the box or mounted to the grill guard

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found an kit on the web after market classic truck parts dealer.
$ was not that bad for the setup. MikeL your is compleat see ya soon or call me
I leave msg on your cell have new cell ph lost one at selvage yard in the mud.:grd: