• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 steering stop bolts

dirtyfingernails

The stop bolts on my "M1008" front axle are not of equal length. The driver's side is 1.5 inches extended, and the passenger's side is 0.75 inches. If I pull the bolts out and turn right as far as I can, the knuckle will only get to within 1.5 inches of the axle housing. But, if I turn it left as far as I can, I can touch the knuckle to the axle housing. Is the axle limited in one direction for some reason? Or is something amiss here and both stops should be of equal length?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turn the wheel all the way to the right (hold it)and look ay your draglink at the pitman arm end. Adjust the stop bolt so that there is plenty of clearance between your tire and the draglink (pitman arm end). It's not surprising to have it longer on that side, than the other.

pittdog

hey man !.... equal lenghth!.... pittdog here ! ret 52-d !.... need to pas some info to you ! .... you saw my last reply!.. you gota here this ! don't wana get any one else gettin skrewd !... got it !.... send a private message ... so i can tell you !got me a sweet 72.. amg.. m35a2 !....besides the point ... need to talk to you !....... SSGT pittman... ret !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks