• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 Stolen out of my driveway!!!

Walter Sobchak

I've been lurking around the SS site for a while now, and this isnt what I had in mind for my first post but....

My 1985 m1008 was stolen out of my driveway on Mon night in the Tigard, OR area.

The guy that took it was fleeing the neighborhood after being caught going through a neighbors house.

I just had the truck painted lusterless olive drab, so its just green, no camo.

Lic # 321 ETE about 66, 67k mi.

Please keep your eyes and ears open, espically if you come accross someone selling anything that doesnt seem quite right.

If your in the area, this truck is easy to spot because there are not a lot of 1008's running around.

Oh yeah, I am offering a cash reward if I can find my truck.

Thanks, -Walter

kevin-m1008

I will keep an eye out for it out here in The Dalles, As so far my M1008 is the only one I have seen in this town.

I guess I may need to put back in the old military Anti-thief device ie: a chain and lock

hof3414

My buddys deuce was stolen and kid ended up taking it offroad and beating the **** out of it. Ended up finding it in the woods. I would check local trails if there are any close by. Also ask any dirtbike quad riders in the area to keep an eye out. Sorry to hear bout that man.

lindyp38

yes...it does suck......

i assume it was locked up....that u have contacted police......

and hopefully the idiot will just use to clear the area..and maybe leave it parked somewhere....

thats what happened to my friend........he left it running though and it wound up in south jersey shore......some kids took it for a joy ride....

u can believe after he got it back.....he never left his keys in the ignition with car running....

good luck.....

i hope u get ur baby back....

post a pic or two of truck....

Whitey

Best of luck getting it back. Did the scumbag hotwire the thing?

Hopefully the police will notice something amiss and catch him red handed doing something else and your truck unharmed.

dstang97

There has been a lot of these k series trucks stolen latley. Someone was scoping out mine, but my dad came out and scared them away. Glad they left, it would not have been pretty if they stayed. If you get my drift.

chevymike

My 1985 m1008 was stolen out of my driveway on Mon night in the Tigard, OR area.

The guy that took it was fleeing the neighborhood after being caught going through a neighbors house.
This seems weird to picture. If a thief was going through a neigbors house and was caught in the act, if he fled and hopped into your truck and drove away, how did he get it started quick enough to get away? Were the keys left in it?

Most thiefs making a getaway, after being caught in the act, either car jack a running vehicle, had a getaway car waiting or found keys to a car. They don't typically take the time to hot wire a car for a quick getaway.

I hope you get your truck back but sure hope you didn't leave the keys in it.

markg

doesnt anyone change lock cylinders anymore ?? the box store sells a lock that your neighbor doesnt have a key too!!! or use the chain thats in the floor. or a hidden main power switch.

cfish

I hate a thief more then just about anything in this world. I hope you get your truck back and the SOB that took it gets time behind bars.

daw_two

Post an ad on your local Craigslist for people to be on the outlook for it.

Good Luck. I hope you get your truck back all in one piece.

Walter Sobchak

Thanks everyone for caring.

The truck was found a bit ago by my retired neighbor who is a baddass. And is now back in my driveway where it belongs. And just to clear it up the keys were in it and the doors unlocked. Yeah I know. But in my defense it hadn't been running and just that day I put a new starter in it and got it running and a few hours later it was gone. Won't make that mistake again...

One thing I gained from this is that I don't have any good pictures of my truck. So I'll post some up later.

Thanks again SS.

-Walter

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great news!

Have they caught the thief yet?

Flyingvan911

It is a shame to say that if you are not right by the truck/vehicle, you can't leave the keys in it for a second. That's all the time a thief needs. I'm glad you got it back in one piece and no one got hurt.

markg

Thanks everyone for caring.

The truck was found a bit ago by my retired neighbor who is a baddass. And is now back in my driveway where it belongs. And just to clear it up the keys were in it and the doors unlocked.

-Walter
you do know that all of us have a spare key to your truck , right?? change the ignition lock! glad you found it in one piece

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks