• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Toy Models?

M1008BOV

Gents-
I just purchased an M1008 from a great guy out in MO and when I picked it up his 10 yo son was absolutely broken hearted, which broke my heart (I know how he feels). I wanted to get him a model of the truck either finished or something him and his dad could work on. Has anyone seen anything like that?

Original Thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-in-St-Louis-this-weekend-couple-of-questions

On a side note, he and I shook hands that if I ever decide to sell, he gets first offer.

M1008BOV

Last edited by a moderator:

lostintexas

From the ebay ad, it looks to be 1:72 scale which I beleive is hotwheels sized. Might want to check before you end up with a small model.

M1008BOV

Hmm....yea I see that now. That is tiny, maybe around HO scale size? Maybe I could try to find a regular Chevy pickup model and just get him the paint colors to make it more like the m1008.

1/72 scale is close to O gauge in the model railroad world, I believe. They are probably intended for use on Lionel train layouts. If anyone comes across these models in 1/24-1/25 scale (the typical scale for most model cars from Revell, Monogram, AMT/Ertl, etc.) please post the info here. I'd love to find an M1010, but I know that I could custom build the ambulance box if there is only the M1008 available.

Another Ahab

There's a first-rate model shop in Charlottesville VA with a guy there who builds and completes models professionally.

I came across the shop there by accident between appointments, and struck up a conversation. He knows his stuff. He gave me a card (attached).

No models of the M35a2, however...

Looks like you got what you want, but if you're interested, it won't cost you a thing to chat him up, and you never know what you might learn.

View attachment 463752

M1008BOV

There's a first-rate model shop in Charlottesville VA with a guy there who builds and completes models professionally.

I came across the shop there by accident between appointments, and struck up a conversation. He knows his stuff. He gave me a card (attached).

No models of the M35a2, however...

Looks like you got what you want, but if you're interested, it won't cost you a thing to chat him up, and you never know what you might learn.

View attachment 463752
Thanks, I might give him a call. I canceled my order on the ebay item as it was much smaller than I was looking for. I'm hoping to find something in the 1/24 area.

Closest I can find is http://www.revell.com/model-kits/trucks/85-7222.html That and some camo paint should make the kid happy.
I saw that one as well and it's the closest thing I've found so far. With all the military models out there I'm surprised no one makes one. Maybe if enough of us bug Revell, they'll make one? :grd:

Another Ahab

Thanks, I might give him a call. I canceled my order on the ebay item as it was much smaller than I was looking for. I'm hoping to find something in the 1/24 area.
Please post what you learn, if you end up giving the guy a call.

He was an encyclopedia of information about scale modeling, and though trains were his specialty he clearly knew a wealth about the whole business. It was a good deal more than I wanted to know, but he was clearly on a roll and I had time and so let him have his day. Maybe it's a train thing ?!

I'd be interested to hear what you pick up from the guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks