• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 trailer electrical receptacle

sht2kll

Howdy all. Does anyone know where I can get a connector or have a part number for the 12 pin electrical receptacle on the M1008? I want to tow a civi trailer and want to make an adapter to fit without having to remove that receptacle from the system.

wilfreeman

Is it the standard 12 pin like the rest of the m Series? Sorry, I don't know much about CUCVs. If so, most of the dealers will have them - try Saturn Surplus, TNJ Murry, ebay

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are tons of folks buying 3/4 ton trailers and adding civ connectors. Check the classifieds.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
But that was not the question.

This was the question,

Does anyone know where I can get a connector or have a part number for the 12 pin electrical receptacle on the M1008?

The answer is yes. :D

pmramsey

If your CUCV already has the 12-pin connector and a properly working cable, you do not need an adaptor. Purchase a standard 7-pin or whatever commercal cable, fire up the CUCV, turn on the lights, grab a meter and measure the voltage on each of the 12-pins and match them to the proper pin on the commercal cable. Splice the commercal leds as required to the connector box on the trailer and within 30-minutes or so, you will have two seperate and complete cables attached to your trailer. Then you may pull your trailer with whatever truck is available.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But that was not the question.

This was the question,

Does anyone know where I can get a connector or have a part number for the 12 pin electrical receptacle on the M1008?

The answer is yes. :D
Sorry Oh Great One, I was reading between the lines. Sorry to encroach on your gift.

sht2kll

Thanks 319, Eric's has the plug. The link you gave was for the truck receptacle. I need the trailer side (plug). I should have been more specific. OUCH! $60 for the plug. I did not want to change it, but for that price I could buy 3, 7 pin receptacles and plugs. Thanks again for all the help guys. I should have searched a little more for a K30 before I bought this truck. The only advantage I see to having this M1008 is the 4.56 gearing. I am very discouraged with truck right now.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all the M105 trailers being used for bob jobs, there should be a glut of used plus out there.

Why not put a listing in the Want Ads.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks 319, Eric's has the plug. The link you gave was for the truck receptacle. I need the trailer side (plug). I should have been more specific. OUCH! $60 for the plug. I did not want to change it, but for that price I could buy 3, 7 pin receptacles and plugs. Thanks again for all the help guys. I should have searched a little more for a K30 before I bought this truck. The only advantage I see to having this M1008 is the 4.56 gearing. I am very discouraged with truck right now.

Yup, you asked, I answered. I'd either splice a 7-way or a 4-way civilian receptacle into the harness, whichever you'll be using, or use cpf240's suggestion. That way you'll never forget the proper adapter.

Tell us the reasons for your discouragement with the M1008.