• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 troop seat project

ABN173

Hey guys,

I just thought I'd post a small troop seat project that took up most of my weekend. I just added these not even a week ago but they needed painting really bad so This weekend I sanded by hand the slats until I realized I had a hand planer still new in the box.....anyway this weekend I only did the seat backs, next weekend I will hit the bottoms, I removed the slats, then sanded and painted all six sides of each slat board. I only had one bolt that was so rusted I had to break out a inox metal cutting blade on. I went with a VALSPAR exterior flat black since I thought it would offset the tan carc better than green would.
Attached are some before and after pics

-Dale

Attachments

86M10086.2L

Looks good. Did you sand the paint completely off the wood? Or just enough to stop it from flaking off? I need to redo mine, just looking for some ideas of how other people did theirs.

ABN173

Well I stopped with just keeping it from flaking........that is until I found the hand plainer then I redid them all down to the wood. I plan on replacing the wood eventually but none of the slats were broken so I just decided they still got some life left left in them.

ABN173

Roger that PB, I still get funny conversations about it or puzzled looks especially when I come through a different gate or get chosen for a full inspection.

aboonski

Wonderful looking truck! I also have an M1008A1 and used some fiberglass troop seat material from a set of FMTV troop seats and they worked out great! If you add the cargo cover the troop seats will last forever!

MFF

WTB CUCV M1008 acc.

Hi to everybody out in CUCV land:
I'm looking for following parts for my M1008:
CARGO COVER (tan preferred)
Trailer that matches M1008 (tan preferred)
Antenna Mount (tan preferred)
Dashboard
Seat

Thanks for helping!

Chris