• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 vs M1009 Dash Wiring Harness??

Crash_AF

Yes they are. It is not TOO hard to replace the entire dash harness, I just finished doing it on my 1009.

Couple of things to be aware of:
The underhood harnesses must be unplugged from the firewall first. Take the bolt out of the center of the big connector and pull it into the engine compartment first.

Most of the wiring will unplug, the big exception is the 4wd light wiring under the dash, you have to remove the 4wd shifter to get the wire out or cut it.

The heater wires will unplug from the harness so you don't have to chase those through the firewall.

Don't forget the lights that are plugged into the back of the heater controls or the wire plugged into the e-brake

If you have any other problems, feel free to drop me a line.

Later,
Joe

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do CUCV's use 12/2 or 14/3? with ground?

tut69

In my case, there is a place for a bulb under the plastic trim piece...but no wiring for it. The only lite is the one in the upper left of the instument panel when your in 4x4. :-D