• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 west coast mirror

xenocath

searching.............
anyone here ever added west coast mirrors to their cucv? it was an option for these year trucks so if you have done it and have some pics i would love to see them. i am soon doing this mod myself using some mirrors i found that should closely match the year range and application. i have always liked that look on these chevys.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before and after shots of my ex US ARMY firetruck. Note it originally had one of each kind of mirror, turns out driver door still had the CUCV data plate on it. Plus a couple pics of the other type of mirrors used on square body trucks.
Note the brown dump might have been a CUCV or has a CUCV bumper and grill at least.

Attachments

xenocath

searching.............
well after a lot of time thinking about it and planning I finally got these mirrors on the truck. I used the stock mounting holes for the lower arm and cut to fit and rebent the upper arms does not look to bad imho. I think I got it pretty close to factory mounted configuration just no extra holes.
004.jpg WestCoastMirrors.jpg.jpg

xenocath

searching.............
I was not lucky enough to get a set of the stock chevy mirrors. I had looked for a few years for a decent set with no luck, so I ended up going with some I found at mill supply.

the skull

Guys, I had those mirrors on my old 1 ton dump truck.
There is no substitute for the view you get with west coast
mirrors. They can make it difficult to make a beer run, as
you must be precise when entering a small town drive thru.
Just saying.:doh:

xenocath

searching.............
generally I park and walk in since the kids taking orders can not hear over my exhaust anyhow. I love the field of vision to the rear, really hoping I won't back into anymore od green smart cars parked in front of the bushes at martins with my cargo cover up. :oops: