• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 - What Exhaust?

AJMBLAZER

[hijack]

My DD Tracker had a rusty exhaust when I got it. You could push the muffler and see that the pipes were definitely moving separate of each other. I kept putting it off from each paycheck as I decided to buy a 2" mandrel bent kit instead of paying the local hacks to booger weld and crimp bend me something up.
Finally one day I got in it, fired it up...and woke the wife up. Thing split right in front of the muffler. Whoops. Took the whole tail pipe off and it didn't sound any different...JUST LOUD!

Then the place I bought the exhaust from was back ordered and shipped it extra slow...after a month like that a Cherry Bomb made my exhaust quieter!

[/hijack]

CUCVinterceptor

i got an 86 m1008 , ive owned plenty of old chevy's but never a cucv or 6.2, my exhaust was shot, i put 3 inch true duals from the manifold back w/ shorty glasspacks, my local shop did it for $240 but another priced at 400 (their crazy).For my preference its not loud enough , it has a deep growl and when you get into the high rpms before shifting it pops (no cackling)it pops at 55 mph were it "tops out" but only if you lay into the pedal( you could call it selectively loud). i did notice a loss of power from 40-50 mph but a gain from 0- 35 and she used to top out at 65mph and now she will go 90, i dont reccomend it, comfortable at 75mph which is nice on interstate.
-i was also told 3 inch rusts out quick because it takes alot to heat it up which removes moisture but mine gets plenty hot and i have no problems.
- if i were to do it again i would go 2 inch then halway to 2.5 w/ 3 inch tips , glasspacks of course, i am not a flowmaster fan because to me it sounds artificial, not motor or real exhaust, call me old fashioned.

hope to be of some help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks