• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 wheel specs?

vtresch

I just purchased an 87 CUCV with 47k miles and want to make some effort to dress it up. Can anyone explain to me the specs for wheels that will fit and tire combinations? Also, this rig needs a new dash pad and bottom seat covering. I would appreciate being directed to the right sources for these items also.

Thank you
Great site.
Jeff in Vermont

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1008/M1028/M1010/M1031 all use a 16x6.5 steel wheel with a LT235/85R16E tire. This is the standard wheel/tire combination for any 82-87 (and probably others) 3/4 or 1-ton Chevy or GMC pickup.

M1009 uses a 15x6(?) steel wheel with 10.00R-15C tires. These are about equivalent to a 31x10.5/15 tire.

MVtrucker

I purchased several padded dashes from my local GMC dealer, over the years. The last time might have been the last time. Price was up a hundred bucks and the counterman said that the item was going to be discontinued.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks