• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 whining noise

TedO

I am noticing a whining noise with a pitch that corresponds to the RPM. Sounds like the noise you hear when it is in 4wd low. I am thinking it might be the steering pump, water pump, or an alternator about to go bad?

ehuppert

Have had some "limited" success in the past with changing out many years old fluid! Turkey baster or suction out old fluid, put in new. Problem with systems that don't leak is fluid never gets replenished! May not help, but for the cost involved it's worth a try! Also have seen return lines suck air and aerate the fluid! See if fluid in reservoir looks frothy! If system works but has a little noise I'd personally leave it alone if local use. Have had problems with aftermarket pumps in the past.....

TedO

Take the belts off one at a time and see what it is. I highly doubt the water pump. I think power steering.
You are correct, as always. And what I thought was a fuel injector pipe leaking diesel was actually......power steering fluid that was sprayed out from a high pressure PS line that separated at the crimp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks