• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 Window Roll Up issues

asg13

Hello..for some reason my drivers window will barely roll up. Down is much smoother. When I bought the truck I took the door cover off and lubed and greased everything and it hasn't given me an issue until now. Took apart again, but can seem to figure out the issue..any ideas? Thanks and happy 4th!

Last edited:

the skull

Mine doesn't roll up or down for $&(@!
I got a parts door from a civvy truck so tell
me how you fix yours! At the (honda) shop
sometimes the run channel is an issue, squirt
some silicone spray lube down the window run.
See if that does anything. Good luck

MarcusOReallyus

Yep, check the rubber parts. The channel is probably shot. These trucks have been around a while, and the rubber parts are tired.

Swapping out the whole mechanism is not difficult at all. Same for the rubber.

Barrman

I have had 2 of my 8 window regulators (The big gear and little gear the window crank attaches to) lock up on me. Nothing to do but buy a new one and install it.

If yours goes fine for a bit then feels like it locks up, it is probably the bearings behind the crank handle shaft.

As stated above, 30 year old trucks do have parts that just wear out over time.

Keith_J

Yes, the regulator wears out. There is a clutch in the mechanism which prevents force on the window from turning the crank. This clutch is what breaks, locking the regulator handle.