• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 ??

axemurdock

The guy I bought it from did the tranny swap , he had the t400 in it and said it went 60mph . I like the od . I also have 33" bf all terrains on it . Can't complain about the ride ,its very comfy . Rides as smooth as my new jeep .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jump Starting

You can?! I may need an explanation on that one.....
Sorry, caught me asleep at the wheel for the last 8 days. Yes, you can jump both. 24V use the slave cable port on the grill. If you want to jump a normal 12V use jumper cables off the front battery. Works good.

I have to say i love my M1008 i have been driving it for a little over a year mine isnt pretty but its definetly an attention getter lol the hooter girls love it.I love my 1008 so much i bought another one lol its entirely a decision u will have to make im happy with mine but they do require constant attention:mrgreen: the green one i just bought the redone is my daily driver

Attachments

Last edited:

SPCHowe

Buy one, you won't regret it. It'll take some $ at first to get it road worthy...unless you get a well maintained one from a private owner...but any of these trucks are basically Chevys under all the carc and grease so you can mod it to your hearts content with a bit of fabrication and parts from a civi equivalent

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys have noticed that this thread is a year old haven't you?

I've own a half dozen m1009s and enjoyed them all.

a175

I just bought one a few weeks back. It's my daily driver and the only vehicle I own. I've done very very little to it. MPG can be good as long as you keep it under 55mph (45-50 is really good). I've done 65, but it was so loud I wouldn't do it on purpose much again.
Good example of this-
From where I live to my VA hospital is about 1.5 to 2 hoursish. On the way there I burned just over half a tank hauling butt. Took less than a quarter tank coming home driving at a reasonable pace. No A/C does suck sometimes, especially down in Louisiana when it's over 100*F. However, if I'm going somewhere that requires collars and buttons, I just wear my undershirt on the way there put a dress shirt on when I arrive.
The vent is a lifesaver, even though at times you get the heat from asphalt.
One of the things I love most is that with the limitations on speed, I drive safer. Also, it's a perfect excuse not to talk on the phone and drive, because you can't talk/hear over the 6.2L anyway.
I love it, man. Best $2500 I ever spent[thumbzup]