• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 10 bolt rear

cucvrus

Maybe. Is the C10 rear 3:08 ration. If I were to do this, I would swap the backing plates and axles. But you must make sure the spline count on the axles is the same which I believe they are. I converted a 1985 C10 to a K10 and used the rear axle after swapping the axles and backing plates. I used the front axle and suspension from a 1984 M1009. Holes were all in the frame. Pretty basic. Good Luck.

2deuce

Yes 3.08 ratio. I'm concerned with the spline count, I didn't think about the backing plates being different. What are the differences? I found another 10 bolt 3.08 axle, but I don't know what truck it was originally in. After I buy one surprises are bad. Thanks

Keith_J

Stock 1009 rear are 28 spline. GM 14039547.
Pull the donor 6 lug axles. If lucky, it will be an open differential which are easier to remove the C clips. G80 are busier to pull apart.

cucvrus

Yes 3.08 ratio. I'm concerned with the spline count, I didn't think about the backing plates being different. What are the differences? I found another 10 bolt 3.08 axle, but I don't know what truck it was originally in. After I buy one surprises are bad. Thanks
If you were not in Oregon, I would sell you a brand-new in the crate M1009 rear. It is an OEM GM rear axle complete except the hydraulic brake tubes. I also have a brand-new OEM front axle in the create complete with new L/O and calipers.

nyoffroad

If you were not in Oregon, I would sell you a brand-new in the crate M1009 rear. It is an OEM GM rear axle complete except the hydraulic brake tubes. I also have a brand-new OEM front axle in the create complete with new L/O and calipers.
LOL! My son needed one and I told him that you probably had one or two kicking around he just grumbled on about price and distance, I was even willing come down and pick it up just to meet up and look around your place, bet I could've found something needed too.

cucvrus

Rochester NY. Less than 300 miles. I have been there a few times. On a bad day a 5-hour trip. I had a member here drive from Florida for an M1009 rear axle. They used to be everywhere now they must be getting hard to find. 35-year-old vehicle parts get less and less with each passing day. I hope you have it all fixed up again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks