• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 #2 alt charging but light still flashing

Twiley

Having trouble with alt 2 light in my blazer. it is flashing most of the time.dont seem to b any trouble charging the numbers r all good i been running it a wile like that.and have had a similar problem with my truck replaced alt and light stoped so had this one rebuilt by a rep shop and it still flashes. I have noticed one thing that seems off is that the brown exciter wire is 24v with the key on but if the vehicle is running and its connected to the alt the voltage jumps back and forth from like 14/15v to 28/29v if the light is flashing and stays 28/29v when it is first started untill the light starts to flash thanks for any help in advance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks