• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009/8 Plow Truck Pics. Anyone Else?

lilymonster

Big snow here in Chicago (and I'm sure in plenty of other places too)! Anyone have any cool pictures of their CUCV with a plow? I took this pic tonight. M1009's make such awesome plow trucks, everytime I use mine it makes me grin. They just rock! I run an older Western 8 Foot Unimount. What I love about the M1009 is the perfect combo of turning radius, low end torque, great trans, and solid chassis . If you have any cool pics of your plow set up, please post! Its only fitting at this time when snow is blanketing the country. --Jeff

Attachments

mangus580

I have pics floating around in the forums...

Here is a YouTube vid... This is with my old plow setup, on Valentines day 2 years ago (or maybe the day after)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYOPTJRgX04[/media]

firecontrol86

i like it! i'm also in north chicago/waukegan, can't wait to pick up a m1009 soon to play in the snow. i think i'm gonna cut and weld some 9mm boxes together to make a console for it, i've got about 20

JPDC

I've been using mine since the first blizzard we had here in DC in December. Thing has been a beast. I only changed the alternator belts and other than that just keep it full of diesel and it runs and runs and runs. Paid for the truck and plow 3 times over so far. :beer:

Attachments

roady

I like all those set ups. I am looking for a M1008/1009 for a plow set up after this winter we had here in MD. Do you need anything special to put a plow on one?

Thanks and i am jealous

I'm thinking this is what I'm going to do with mine. It's beat through the snow here in the DC area reliably thus far, 3-4 foot drifts are NOTHING. I'll have to research the forums though to find out best combinations plow wise, setup and costs. Thanks for posting these, trucks look GREAT.

doodaa

Mine did awesome this last storm ran for 24 hrs straight.it's even better with a load of sand but I sometimes forget I';m in 2 wheel when pushing it's nice having 7-8000 pounds to push with.Had a 200 yd dirt road to do and this big newer Ford couldn't get 30 feet without spinning and sliding,I went in and pushed right thru to end of road thru 9" of heavy wet stuff it impressed me with the traction just wish the engine had more to offer.

Attachments

SPECIALTYLC

It doesnt look much like a CUCV now. Forest service and local fire dept had it before me. Still only had 54,000 miles when I bought it. Blizzard 810 and 225 gallon deicer tank.

Attachments

puppy

Does anyone know anything about Northman plows? I found one locally yesterday on a 1978 chevy 1 ton 2wd and am thinking about picking it up to put on my 1008.

The tag says: Northman Deluxe Heavy Duty Series 1400B